Getting ready for the NCLEX this summer
Last week we talked about if you just completed your latest semester of nursing and what should you do this summer, till Fall. Here is the link to that
This week we’ll talk some about what if you just graduated nursing school and will take your NCLEX in a couple of weeks. Here are some tips.
- Sign up for the NCLEX – don’t put it off. It varies by state but it normally takes some time, several weeks, for your school to let the nursing boards know that you graduated. The best way to figure that all out is from your school and your state nursing board. Don’t put it off, sign up for it ASAP.
- When you get a prospective date, then create a calendar. You can find one we created from this post. http://www.nclexreviewonline.com/nclex-study-calendar/
- Take some time off, do something fun.
- Take some assessment tests. This will give you a good idea of what you need to work on. Maybe you had Maternity the first semester of nursing and you need to review. I recommend doing at least 3 or 4.
- Review everything, focus on what you’re weak on.
- Many schools have reviews that they’ve included in your tuition or fees. Take those reviews.
- Here are some ideas for the week before the test – http://www.nclexreviewonline.com/tips-for-taking-the-nclex/
Here is a pretty good review PDF I found – http://brainynurses.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Pearls-for-NCLEX-Review.pdf
A reminder – we have 50% off our boot camp. Let us create a study plan / calendar for you.