I thought we would do something a little different this week. You guys know that my daughter is in nursing school. She is in her third semester and has one to go for her ADN. This past week she had her last test for the semester (cardiac) and a Kaplan test. She passed both of them and I was talking with her post test. She asked me a good question, “What do I do now?”
So, what should you do? Whether you are in a summer break between semesters or if you just finished your last semester and are getting ready to take your NCLEX. Here are my suggestions for you.
If you’re on a Summer break and have more nursing classes next Fall.
- First take some time off. My suggestion is a week. Don’t study, review, do something that you like to do. Binge on a show that you missed or read a book that has nothing to do with nursing.
- After your week off, plan on how you’re going to study / review during the rest of the Summer. Our Boot Camp includes an assessment and a summer calendar that will take you through the summer, making sure you don’t study too much but cover all the content before your next semester starts. Also during MAY 2018 it is half off. Here is the link http://www.nclexreviewonline.com/nclex-boot-camp-nclex-review-course/
- Answer questions. The more questions you answer, the better you’ll be prepared for the NCLEX. If you’ve answered all the questions in the test bank of Saunders, then try this one. https://amzn.to/2HBiBkN There are 6000 questions you can answer. How many questions should you answer? At least a couple of hundred a weak.
- If you made a calendar, make sure you include some downtime every few weeks.
- A month or so before you go back to school, start to go over some content that you’ll be reviewing the first few weeks of school. The more prepared you are, the easier it will be.
- If you have fallen behind and need some help. We do offer tutoring. It’s on sale during May as well. http://www.nclexreviewonline.com/nclex-tutor/
Hopefully that will help a little bit. Next time we’ll give you what I think you should do if you’ll be taking the NCLEX this summer. Coupon codes for those discounts are listed on the page.