I mentioned my niece will be taking the NCLEX next week June 2nd. Here are some tips to help you be your best on test day.
- If you live over 30 minutes away from the testing center, my recommendation is to spend the night closer. My niece will be staying with some friends, but I stayed in a hotel the night before my NCLEX test.
- Drive to the testing center the day before your test. Time it out from your hotel (or your home) to the test center. Add 15 or 20 minutes to the time it takes you to travel there. Make sure you leave in plenty of time before the test.
- Don’t study the day before. Again, don’t study the day before the test.
- Probably the hardest thing to do is to get plenty of sleep. You don’t want to take a sleep aid or you’ll be groogy. My recommendation is to get up earlier than normal on the day before your test. Plan something fun to do during the day,
- What to eat? This article from Web MD gives some good advice, including tips on what to eat for breakfast. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/healthy-foods-eat-brain-power
Your stomach will be in knots and you will probably be nervous, that is normal.
- Pack all the things you need to take with you the night before, put it in a bag and somewhere you won’t forget it.
- I recommend taking someone with you, but sometimes you won’t have that luxury.
Next time we’ll post about some things to do the day before the test.