We are starting our series on what to do when you fail the NCLEX. We all dread getting the email (or checking the website) and finding out that you didn’t pass.
So what to do now. First, please remember that it is not the end of the world. You passed nursing school, you failed the NCLEX. The great thing is that you can take it again. It’s not like nursing school where you either fail out for good or you have to do a whole semester of school again… so see it isn’t that bad.
To do –
1. Save all the paper work you get from taking the test. We’ll use that to help make sure you pass it the next time.
2. Tell all of your friends, family, co-workers that you failed. That is the hard part, but we want to get it over with. That way when we get down to the nitty gritty of studying you want have to get discouraged when someone asks you about it.
3. Figure out the process of when / how you can take it again. States have different rules, the easiest thing to do (if you don’t already know), is Google it. I searched for failed NCLEX Kentucky and found this link.
So Kentucky lets you take the test every 45 days. Follow the steps of applying and schedule your next exam as sson as possible.
4. Make a calendar for things o your to do list to take your next NCLEX as soon as possible. DON’T WAIT.
5. Do Something today to get you out of the funk. Do something you enjoy doing. Take a couple of days off. YOU CAN do this.
Next time we’ll talk about what we’re going to do to pass the test next time.